Saturday, August 9, 2014

18 months of awesome!

So I haven't posted on my blog for a looooong time. Looking back on it most of my blog posts have been pretty silly and funny but for this one I wanted to do a serious post about the most awesome thing in my life right now. I have been meaning to put this post up for a while but I haven't gotten around to it between work, school, traveling, etc. But today as I got on facebook I saw that someone who was younger than me was just diagnosed with cancer, a very treatable one according to the post but still it scared me and made me start counting my blessings and most of my blessings begin and end with Kirsten so I figured now would be a great time to do it.
     As most of you know I am engaged to the most wonderful person I've ever known and her name is Kirsten Bayles.  Her and I have been dating for a little over 18 months now and are engaged to be married on the 23rd of May of 2015. That's 286 days away but who's counting? I wanted to post a little bit of how we met and came to be engaged, so that way if any of you were ever curious.. well now you will know!
     Kirsten and I met at Utah State University at our job. The Aggie Connection, we pretty much call alumni, parents and friends of the University and ask for money. I had worked there for a year already before she was hired on ( I am grateful everyday she was) and at first we were just casual co-workers, friendly but nothing too serious. Though there is one memory in my mind of me monitoring one of Kirstens phone calls and then talking to her afterwards( a common practice at our place of work), she was considering transferring from USU and I for some reason thought I should do my darndest to keep her here.. I am still not 100% sure why and I remember thinking.. am I supposed to date this girl? Luckily she decided to stay though! Our relationship really began to take off during the winter of 2012. We were both in Logan over the winter break and decided.. hey why not hang out!
     As we started to hang out more and more I started to notice Kirsten more and more, I noticed how cute she was, how cool she was, how similar she was to me.. I mean she loved sports, loved all the movies and hobbies I did, was a cutie, and was passionate about the things she loved. Lucky for me she started to notice me too. Things didn't click immediately, and we hit some bumps on the way but eventually on February 1st we decided to start dating "officially".
     And date we did, through all seasons, through countless acts of silliness and selfshiness and imperfectness on my part, through most everything possible we held strong. As we started dating longer and longer and as I met her family and got to know Kirst on a deeper level I realized.. I want to marry this girl, I should marry this girl and luckily I had the good sense to act on those feelings. As the winter of 2013 approached we started looking at rings, found one, and I bought it while she was away at home over thanksgiving break. During the winter break a month later I traveled out to ask her dad if I could marry her, I was terrified but luckily her dad is one of the greatest men I know and he gave me his permission. A little while later and after much planning on April 3rd of 2014 I proposed to her, it was a simple proposal of me putting together a cute video of our memories and pictures of us and showing it to her in the phonathon room where we met( technically we met in ANOTHER room but the phonathon is where we really got to know each other so I chose that one.) There were some technical difficulties with the video but thankfully, she looked past it and said yes and now we are engaged to be married on May 23, 2015.
     I can't put into words how excited I am to be marrying her. She puts up with A LOT from me, and I can't ever express how grateful I am that she chose me. I've made a lot of mistakes but she still loves me. Because of her I am trying to be the best I can be, I am trying to be the best physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually I can for her because she deserves it, and since I am trying to be the best I can be I have to tell you right now.. she is perfect. If you don't know Kirsten, get to know her, you'll come to know one of the most amazing, passionate, fun loving, beautiful people you'll ever meet. President Monson said of his wife "There is no one like her.. absolutely no one." and that's how I feel about Kirst! She's my best friend and my everything , she's grown more beautiful, more awesome, more amazing everyday since our relationship started and I am grateful to my Heavenly Father I get to be with her forever.
    Thanks for taking the time to read this if you did, I only brushed over the details but that is the jitz of it. Better than the movies, that's for sure. Also listen to the song I have attached, I was going to try and have it playing in the background but I couldn't figure out how haha but it's a pretty good one. :)
   

No comments:

Post a Comment